Research Manager Job Vacancy
We have an opening for a full-time research manager to manage a programme of research, evaluation, and analysis. The projects focus on criminal justice and health matters in the UK and US for government and third-sector clients. Our clients include the NHS, the Ministry of Justice, the International Rescue Committee and third section organisations in the UK and the US.
Established in 2012, Get the Data Ltd provides Social Impact Analytics to enable organisations to demonstrate their impact on society. Our cutting-edge approach to measurement and evaluation is underpinned by robust methods, rigorous analyses, and cost-effective data collection. Operating in both the UK and the US, we are committed to working with organisations to provide definitive evidence of their impact on society. Our clients work with some of the most vulnerable people in society, including adult and young offenders, the homeless, refugees and children excluded from school.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing, designing and executing research projects using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Conducting fieldwork activity and working with and managing research colleagues and external research partners where needed.
- Working with large quantitative and qualitative data sets, translating strategic insights into clear practical recommendations and driving improvements
- Evaluating the impact of clients’ services against key criteria, developing evaluation strategies and assisting them to understand how they can increase their impact.
Specifically, you will manage an evaluation of a national probation programme. The role would appeal to an experienced research manager who wishes to take on more corporate or business development responsibility and become a Research Director. For example, we would like you to strengthen our approach to qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting, and if you are looking to develop a portfolio work and your own team, then we would support you in achieving that in the medium term. As such, your compensation will grow in line with your contribution to business growth.
Salary range: £45,000 to £65,000 FTE depending on experience.
Annual bonus dependent on performance
25 days annual leave per year
The position offers a hybrid model of working 3 days per week based in the London office.
- You will have at least 5 years of work experience with demonstrable knowledge of and experience in designing, managing and executing mixed-method public policy evaluations.
- An excellent academic record, with relevant research completed, or a relevant Masters or PhD.
- An ability to analyse and synthesise large quantities of complex data and translate this into clear insights through reports and other media.
- Competency in qualitative data collection, analysis (including suing CAQDAS) and reporting.
- The ability to manage client relationships confidently and effectively.
- Have won or contributed to winning tendered or untendered research or evaluation projects.
- Desirable to have experience in criminal justice or health research and evaluation.
- Desirable to have experience in using quantitative analysis packages such as SPSS, R.
- Desirable to have an established network of clients and collaborators.
- Manage and deliver research projects, from scoping through to methodology and report writing, including managing and developing client relationships.
- Day-to-day management of a range of projects and be the client’s first point of contact for these projects.
- Design and deliver a wide range of social research techniques, including fieldwork such as telephone and in-person interviews, literature reviews, focus groups, survey design and data analysis.
- Create and implement evaluation approaches and quantitative and qualitative analysis strategies.
- Support research directors and company directors to win new work from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources effectively, and provide information on resource commitments to directors.
- Manage junior research staff and subcontractors to complete tasks.
- Produce insightful research reports to support clients in their decision-making.
- Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise, e.g. through blogs.
- Ensure that the company is up to date with developments in specified policy areas, evaluation and research methods, and research markets.
- Any other tasks delegated by the line manager consistent with experience and position.
Please send a cover letter that describes why you believe you are suitable for the role and your CV to email@example.com by 26th July 2023. If you do send a cover letter, you will not be considered for the role, if you wish to discuss the role, please email Jack.